Live in it.....Love it.

I believe if you are going to live in it, you should LOVE it. You should be excited to come home to it everyday and be proud to show it off. I want to inspire you to make your home what you have always dreamed of. It doesn't matter how big or small the space is, it is what you do with that space that makes all the difference. I'll show you how I make our home something that we live in....and love it and I will show you how I do that on a budget.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Our Family Room Tour - Part II {Storage}

Since we converted to gas in our home, before we moved in, we had room under our stairs now for some storage.  We just needed to make a small doorway and door.  And of course fix the wall.

Here is what it looked like under the stairs.  The cement wall on the left is the foundation of our front stoop.  Our oil tank used to be located here. Now it just needs to be cleaned up a little so we can use it to store suitcases and some tools of the hubby's.

We took down all the sheetrock because we wanted to put up some insultation for sound purposes.  Our Living Room is right upstairs.  Plus the sheetrock needed to be repaired in a bunch of different places, so it was worth replacing it.

We {well hubby did it} put up some sheetrock inside the storage area because we wanted it to be a little more clean under there.

Doorway is framed out.

Sorry, but I didn't take any pictures of us cutting the door or installing it, but I can answer any questions you might have and I could take pictures of the mechanism that holds the door closed.  I will try to make a follow up post about the hinges and the closing mechanism.

Well here is the final product.  You get to see some previews with this last picture of the wall color of the room, the moldings and the flooring.  The handle is just a cabinet door handle that we bought at our local hardware store.

Thanks for stopping by.  I would love to hear from you, so please leave me a message.  Have a great day everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...