Live in it.....Love it.

I believe if you are going to live in it, you should LOVE it. You should be excited to come home to it everyday and be proud to show it off. I want to inspire you to make your home what you have always dreamed of. It doesn't matter how big or small the space is, it is what you do with that space that makes all the difference. I'll show you how I make our home something that we live in....and love it and I will show you how I do that on a budget.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Tour My Master Bedroom

Welcome 2011. This is going to be the year for new things. Making more time for my Blog that I love, more time for projects in the house and more inspirational posts.

Welcome to my Master Bedroom. I'm going to take you through a few changes I have made over the last 3 years we have owned our house.
 
These 4 pictures are from when we first bought the house and started to paint.  The color is by Benjamin Moore and is called "Brittany Blue".  It's a light slate blue.





This is what our bedroom looked liked after we were done with the painting and moved in.


Now is when I started to make some changes to the room.  I wanted to lighten things up for the Spring/Summer months.  I changed the curtains, the duvet & added an area rug.

Then the Fall was here.  So I changed the duvet again, added a burnt orange throw and sold the area rug. It just wasn't doing it for me anymore.  I love the look without the rug.  We just have small area rugs right next to the bed on both sides.

We finally added something to the walls.  It only took me 2 years to figure out what I wanted on that wall.  The shelves & letters are from Kohl's, the picture frames are from Ikea.  I changed the throw again to a multi blue colored one.  I have a thing for throws.



Then this year I decided I needed to change the lamp shades.  These are a natural fiber and I bought them from Target.  Me loves Target.

I just recently found new curtains and new rods.

Curtains, throw and decorative pillow are all a light Lime Green color.  Love blue and green together. Light and fresh.  Love the new look of our master bedroom.  Curtains are from Ikea, throw & pillow from Home Goods.  New curtain rods are from Target.

I also added some Interior Decorating books (bought at Home Goods) to my side table on the left.  Hubby's side has a funky crystal with a crystal book under it (also bought at Home Goods).  Still have to find something for above the bed.


Here you can see the small area rug next to the bed.  It's from Kohl's.


Love the look of this ruffled throw.  Lots of texture.

This funky vase is from Home Goods.

Close up of the new curtain rod.

Hope you liked all my changes.

We are working on a small redo in one of our bathrooms and soon we will be working on our Laundry Room Remodel.  Pictures and details coming soon.

~Jen

10 comments:

  1. Love the changes! You find such cute stuff at easily accessible stores which is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emily & Heather!!! :D

    @Heather - I love shopping at Home Goods (my first go to store for decor), Target, Ikea & JCPenny. They are inexpensive stores and are all in my area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the blue and green. So nice, and the throw looks stylish and comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Home Goods is the ish; though don't tell my wife I'm admitting to that... :) Then we'd really never get anything done besides touring Home Good stores.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohmygosh I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! Blue and green make up one of my favorite color combos ever! It looks so clean and earthy with the touch of brown in the decor! Ah-mazing =)

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Jenn @ Peas & Crayons....thank you!!! :D I love how my bedroom looks now. So glad I took the jump with the bright color of the green.

    Thanks for stopping by everyone! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those curtains are incredible! Great space!

    Thanks for linking up and sharing with me!

    xoxo,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Jen @ IHO, thank you and thank you for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. In fact, now in the UK people adding a lot of innovative Taps UK factors, such as USB Bathtub Taps which can save power and water, as well as colorful Pull Out Kitchen Taps which can increase your pleasure when using and enjoying the water

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...